Thursday, September 18, 2008
Jak sie macie? How are you all? It's been a great week here at the MTC
Czesc rodzina :)Jak sie macie? How are you all? It's been a great week here at the MTC. I've been staying productive the best i can, which is pretty easy when you have so much to work on. I will never take for granted ever again how many words i know in English. I can walk into a room and put a word to everything there in English- i dream of being able to do that in Polish lol. But the Polish is coming, this is for sure. I love it more and more everyday. I'm trying to broaden my vocab - once i know a word or a verb it's pretty easy to incorporate it into my speech. That's how i most effectively learn the lessons - instead of memorizing them as a script, i just memorize the verbs, and important vocab and than try to express it the best i can lol. As you can imagine it's a little rough sometimes, but yes, it works for me and i feel like i'm actually teaching as opposed to just spilling out memorized script :) Another batch of elders just left last night. Every group that leaves makes me feel like i've been here for ever and that my time to leave this training groud is soon approaching. It's pretty surreal thinking that i've been here as long as i have. To think i came in July 2 and now it's August 19th. Wowza! I think we'll be getting our flight plans this Friday! I am way excited to say the least :) Pretty soon i'll just be writing these from Poland. O my gosh my heart just skipped a couple beats thinking about it :P So in regards to everyone who came in to the MTC- it was so great to see THe Payne's, it was a lot like seeing family. Gave darrel a big hug and shook Patty's hand lol. Little mikey was looking not so little- that boy is growing up :) And than it was so great to see Tim. I've seen him a few times since and he seems to be doing great. He says he enjoys the atmosphere and the schedule, a lot like what i said. And than I saw Ryan the morning before he checked in and whatnot and it was amazing :) I was getting some fruite and was cream-cheesing my bagle when i heard a "Mike!!!" behind. And i just left my tray there, half cream-cheesed bagle and all, and ran over and gave me cousin a hug. It was like something out of a dream and i started to cry about unexpectedly cos it was so good to see such a familiar and loving face. So we ate breakfast together and i bore my testimony to him in POlish and we talked about some random things and it was just great :) But i didn't see Ryan since that morning which was a bummer. BUT than just yesterday Jimmy comes up to me and says, guess who i just saw walking into our building, ,and i was like, who?? And he says, Ryan!!! He lives on the first floor! So last night i went down and said hello to him and he seems like he's doing great. His entire room is on an English fast, so they're definitely delving right into it :) But he seems to be doing just great. I'll certainly be talkking to him more now. Jimmy leaves today i think. I just realized he said he leaves on Tuesday...which would be today lol. So i need to track him down before he heads out to Chicago. I'll miss that kid, it's been great being with him and being able to talk to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment