My Dearest Family, moja Rodzinie,
I can't believe this is the last e-mail I will be sending you before we see eachother face to face. It blows my mind that it's come to the end so quickly. We're so busy I dont' have time to think about it, but it's impossible not to think about when everyone around you is telling you how close it is and what not. It's been an amazing week though. We've had some amazing experiences.
I am constantly tired every day ha. I don't know if I just feel more tired cos it's close to the end or my body really is feeling the results of two years of missionary work. Who knows ha. I do feel like I'm in better shape then I've been maybe my whole mission. There's no Manekin in Warsaw :P
Last Sunday I spoke in Church, for only the second time on my entire mission. The first was when I was 6 months in the country in Bydgoszcz. It was an amazing experience for several reasons. For starters, I actually felt comfortable standing in front of everyone and just speaking Polish. It was relaxing and I could explain exactly what I wanted to about "The Importance of Daily Personal Prayer". I really enjoyed speaking in Church for probably the first time in my life ha. I feel like I know so many of these members from the Branch so well, and they listened very intently. I was grateful for that. And everyone is so kind whenever you speak in church. They come up and and are sincere as can be, and it made me grateful to have the chance to serve in this branch for as long as I have.
We met with the Netto's- which seems already like it was at least 4 weeks ago- and had a nice meeting with them. They are some amazing members of the church. Gosia Netto especially amazes me- she was only baptized 3 years ago, but she is the most solid member ever. Her Institute lessons blow my mind. I often am the one translating for her, and I love it, because her lessons are the bomb.
The Smiths, an American Family who I have certainly mentioned before, invited us over for dinner. Rob Smith had served here on his mission almost 9 or 10 years ago, and was here working in the embassy for almost the entire span that I was on my mission, He had just been here 2 months before I came into the country, and now they are leaving back to the United States the day after me. Unbelievable. They have 4 children now, but when I was first in Warsaw they had 3, and the oldest was 4 years old. They have all grown up sooo much since then, it is uncanny. They had us over, we ate Pizza, talked and had a really nice time. I shared a spiritual thought, and I thought to myself, I am so not used to this. Eating Pizza and Root beer floats, kids running around speaking in English. It was bizarre ha. But it was so nice. Their kids are amazingly well behaved and hilarious as can be. I spent 6 months with them in Primary last year, playing piano and security guard. The experience was a good one. I love the Smiths.
We've been meeting with Bartek constistently and the kid is a rock star. He is hilarious as can be, and has a desire to learn and understand the Gospel. All of his friends drink and smoke, so he's struggling with that. But he remembers everything we teach him, and I really think he will be baptized. It's amazing how the Lord works. I was praying that we would meet someone who was prepared to hear the Gospel and to act on what he is learning, and Bartek is sincerely trying. We just taught him the stop smoking program, and it was hard for him to hear ha, but he's going to do it. He'll be in Church, and I think someday he'll serve a mission. There is a decent amount of really cool youth to help him grow and become a solid member. He's totally on to the concept of getting baptized. It'll happen.
The saddness that weighs on my heart comes from 4 of our investigators who have a testimony that the Church is true, but are lacking the faith to do something about it. They love meeting with us, coming to church, to baptisms, and they even talk about the day that they will be baptized, but they just have to do it. The last meetings we had with them I told them as plain as I could that they need to be baptized. I know they will someday, I just hope it happens sooner then later. They are ready. Tomek, Damian, Bogdan and Marek. They are good men, who will be good priesthood holders and leaders of the Church. The Church needs them now, and they need the church more than ever. I love them all, and I look forward to hearing about their baptisms. I know I've tried my best to help them all. I will continue to pray for them.
We met with some of my favorite people- Beata and Bartek- last Saturday. I've written a bit about them lately. They are simply the best. They are so down to earth, and are just amazing people. We had dinner at their house and enjoyed a nice walk in the park, talking about the Gospel. I hope I get to see them once more before I leave.
We're meeting with Irina in a few minutes. She's been doing so well lately- Sister Harding is really taking her under her wing, and trying her best to help her out. Irina loves being in church, she loves seeing everyone and she is so happy when she's there. She even gave a talk in church! If I didn't tell you all that when it happened about a month ago- I think I did though,
Dominik Rędziński, in Katowice, gave a talk a few Sundays ago and apparently did very well. He's a great kid- the Gospel will really keep him on track his whole life.
We took P-day on Thursday because of Today's absolute craziness. It was the last and final P-day ever, and it was beautiful. We did a little shopping and then enjoyed some time on the Rynek. I don't think the weather could've been more gorgeous. We just soaked it in, in our little slice of European heaven. I'm going to miss having places like the Rynek be a stone's throw away.
These next 6 days will be absolutely crazy. Church will be very nice, and afterward Adam, the man who owns the tie company from which every single Poland Warsaw Missionary buys all his/her ties, is having everyone over for a grill, family home evening deal at his house. It'll be a nice day.
Tuesday and Wednesday are Zone Conferences. I'll have one last chance to go to Katowice, and hopefully see Dominik and Ania, and the other members there. Wednesday evening we're meeting with Brother Lewis, a member of the Branch Presidency. And then it's to the mission home on Thursday.
I'm going to miss my companions, and miss so many things about this country it's hard to think about. I love Elder Mehner so much- we've spent a lot of time together out here. Elder Balija has quickly become a really good friend. I'll miss my whole district. They are amazing people. Elder Handley, Elder Lewis, Sister Pritchett and Sister Smith. An amazing district.
I feel like there are so many people I want to talk to, and say goodbye to, so many "lasts" that I want to get in, but overall I am happy and peaceful. I'm going to do everything I can, and I know that it'll be ok. I have loved every single day of the last two years, and I plan on enjoying the next 6 days to the very fullest. I plan on living it to it's fullest, and doing all that I can to finish as the missionary the Lord wants me to be. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven and I'm grateful to the bottom of my heart for every day that I spent in this beautiful country. It's meant the world to me. I know even then it'll take me awhile to fully realize the importance of it in my life.
Family, thank you for supporting me like you have. I am blessed beyond measure, and I'm trying my best to serve, to share what I was given with others. I love you all so much, You mean everything to me. It'll be something else to see your faces in a few days.
The Gospel is on the earth. The Church is true. Our Savior lives.
This is Elder Rushton, signing off. Viva la Polska.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi,Jesli nadal wchodzisz to wez sie domnie odezwij,ok? tu Bartek Csborys lub borys120@op.pl
Post a Comment